Sunday, January 28, 2018

Winter Tires

I've been riding my bike every weekend throughout the Winter (weather permitting).  Weather permitting means unless it's raining or snowing or below 32F- I'm riding.  In addition to the salt on the road there is an over-abundance of gravel.  I'm sure there is some glass mixed in with that gravel too.  Just like your car should have all-season tires in the Winter (as a minimum), so should your bike.  I ride with Continental Grand Prix 4-Season tires and I love them.  They're constructed with Duraskin and a double Vectran puncture-resistant belt and reinforced sidewalls that stand up to brutal conditions.  They're also made with a rubber composition that performs well in cold temperature.  It's a great Winter/early-Spring tire.  I take them off when I ride in the Summer/Fall.


It's also a great tire for riding dirt/gravel roads like the Hell of Hunterdon bike ride in March (in my area).  In the Spring/Summer, I swap the Continental 4 Season tires for the Continental Grand Prix 4000 II tires.  They're not as stiff, they're lighter and they have great wet weather traction.  They're made in Germany where they know a little bit about automotive products (BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Audio automobiles not to mention Michelin and Continental tires).

Power ON!  Coach Rob

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post tire cheetah. Too much informative for everyone. I think these are the basic things which is very necessary for every blogger. Those who don't know how to start they can know from here one by one what they should have to do. Thanks for sharing your such a great and useful information.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading it. I require to study more on this topic..Thanks for sharing a nice info..Any way I am going to subscribe for your feed and I hope you publish again soon on Shure Mfg. waiting you.