Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Bright Lights!

5000 Lumen 2x CREE XML U2 LED Cycling Bicycle Bike Light Lamp HeadLight Headlamp


Not too long ago I was talking about the new LED bike lights on the market and how I found one made by Te-Rich for $32 that was 1200 lumen.  Well, I found a better one on Amazon.  It's a 5000 lumen LED light for only $22.  And, the reviews are good.  Granted, I don't think any of these Chinese made lights put out the advertised lumens that they do.  If this one says 5000, I'd be happy if it was half of that.  But, for $22 you can't beat it..and shipped 2 day (Amazon Prime), no tax.  The head light I'm using now is a Princeton Tec single beam light.  I think I paid $200 for it back in the day.  And, as far as lumen go, I wouldn't think it's any more than 200-300 lumen.  It really pales in comparison to today's LED lights.  And, it's small, it fits in the palm of your hand.  Battery life?  All I want it to last is 2-3 hrs. in low temps on a single charge.  I just ordered mine and I'll post a review after I use it on Thursday night with my new PowerCal HR monitor.

No comments: