Monday, November 14, 2011

Coaching for 2012

I've got two spots left/open for the 2012 season if anyone is interested.  I'll be running annual training plans/coaching programs from December 1 to April 1 (16 weeks) and then continue with a racing plan from April to September for those that race.  For those that don't race, or are not interested in coaching beyond April..we'll discontinue coaching at that time.  Either case, I would like a 16 week committment as a minimum.

I'm ONLY interested in taking athletes on (either cyclists or triathletes that want to get faster/stronger on the bike) that either train with Power (have a PM) or plan to purchase a PM in the near future.  I just can't see why, in this day/age, that athletes wouldn't take advantage of this tool to train more efficiently and more effectively..and achieve their goals FASTER.  PMs are getting cheaper each day.  Besides, if you sign-up with me I can get you a coaches discount on either a Quarq (crank-based) or Power Tap (wheel/hub-based) PM.  These are the only two PMs I recommend (for now anyway)..unless you have the $$ to purchase an SRM PM..the Cadillac of PMs.  Why?  Because they are the ONLY reliable and accurate PMs out there.

The first step is to contact me via email, mullerrj@comcast.net and let me know if you're interested.  The second step is to either get tested by me, or at a bike shop near your home.  The test you need to have them run is a Functional Threshold Power (FTP) test.  I need to know what your Threshold Power and Threshold Heart Rate is.  If your local bike shop doesn't know what an FTP test is, or doesn't test, find a new bike shop.  When you contact me, I'll have you fill out an athlete questionnaire where you tell me what your goals are for 2012.  That's what you'll be paying me for..someone to help you achieve your goals.  If you don't have a goal, make one..even if it's only to get stronger and faster.  That's my goal for 2012!

Power ON!  Coach Rob

No comments: