Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Training Peaks Software

Many of you that I coach have received emails from me stating that I'm going to be suspending my coaching services until December. Right now, I'm just absolutely swamped with my 9-5 job, which is turning into 7-7 job instead...not to mention living out of a suitcase. I just don't have the time or energy anymore to keep up with everyones Annual Training Plan (ATP). Besides, most of you that I coach are nearing the end of their season and just have a few races remaining.

Ironically, after I sent many of you emails stating the above, I got a call from the Training Peaks Software folks in Boulder, CO. They wanted to give me an online demo of their new software...so I took them up on the offer. What I saw...was a software program that will make it MUCH easier for me to prescribe workouts for everyone and track all of their progress with one program..vice the 2-3 programs I have now.

For those of you that don't have Training Peaks software..check it out. It's the personal edition. Here is a link to sign up for a FREE basic version. http://home.trainingpeaks.com/sign-up-personal-edition.aspx In the meantime, I'm going to check out their Professional Edition for coaches. I just need a week or two to play around with it and become proficient. As soon as I do, I will contact all of you...and we'll finish out the year with Training Peaks or we can start new in December with Training Peaks. Anyway, play around with it..and I'll do the same. I think we'll both like it...and it will make it MUCH easier not to mention saving us both a lot of time. Cheers Coach Rob

No comments: